Penny

Penny

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursdays stink!

I hate Thursdays.  It's the day of the week that just draaaaaags.  It's almost the weekend... yet it's still not quite here yet.  By Thursday, I can get pretty bored.  When I'm bored, I usually get into some trouble.  Thursday mornings are also when something absolutely horrifying happens.

So today I was taking a nap.  I think it was the 4th or 5th nap of the morning, I'm not sure though.  I'm sleeping on the couch by the window as the warm sun blankets over me.  I was having the best dream too.  In my dream I was locked in a pet store (I know it sounds like a nightmare but just wait).  However, this pet store only sold birds, and all of their cages were unlocked!  How awesome is that!  So, as I was saying, I was thoroughly enjoying my dream.

Just as I was about to snatch up a Parakeet, I was woken up in the worst possible way......the Garbage Truck!

I hate the garbage truck, it is so evil.  It drives around the neighborhood making the most dreadful noises, scaring the ever loving crap out of me.  As it drives around, I must not leave the window.  I must withstand the torture as I watch.  I need to make sure it does not make a wrong turn towards my house and crush us all!  I really hope the humans appreciate my services here.

As I sit and watch with fear I get to see how truly evil the Garbage Truck is.  It stops in front of every single house and STEALS; yes I said steals, our leftovers!  The humans like to put all the delicious leftovers in a plastic bag that sits inside of a plastic container in the kitchen.  When that gets filled up they like to put it outside in an even bigger plastic storage container.  Can you believe those thieves in the Garbage Truck steal the bags out of the containers?  They leave the containers behind, proving they only steal the good stuff.  In the blink of an eye, our hard earned leftovers are gone.  Chicken on the grill, gone… half of a turkey sandwich, gone…. Half eaten piece of london broil, gone.  It’s just all gone…

Thursdays are sad and scary.  I suspect the humans do not challenge or take revenge on the evil Garbage Truck because they are afraid, as am I.  We do not want to be crushed into flat pancakes of fur.

So sad... I'm feeling awfully depressed right now, I must go snack and nap to ease the pain......

Oh my God!!!!! Catnip!! I thought I lost this toy.  Today is the best day ever! gotta go play :)

No comments:

Post a Comment